Thursday, October 16, 2008

The Job - The Beginning & End..

i noticed that i never did write down what job i got..well, job title = management trainee..started work 22nd sept..& after 3weeks (ohhh don't forget including the 1week raya holiday), i decided to resign!!! i officially signed the termination letter on monday (13th oct)...yes, believe it or not..it wasn't something that i simply & unexpectedly did, i put a lot of thinking & feeling into that decision..ohhh & also rational logic reasons k.. ;p

the job scope wasn't what i had really expected..but i was willing to try & challenge myself..like the title said "management trainee"..but i had to go through stage #1, where i had to do sales & marketing! hahaha, unbelievable u know..sooo, after a week of hard work & tons of emotional baggage, i managed to get promoted to stage #2, where i was a leader [this is when i was trained to be a leader, it's like developing the skills & knowledge]..

then on that thursday morning (9th oct), i was told to prepare myself for a test the next day..it meant that i got promoted to stage #3 - team leader..the funny thing was, i wasn't excited at all..only felt great for a minute then i was like "hmmm, whatever!"..sounds crazy right???

i know i should have been proud & happy..that was when my heart just said "quit! not worth it"..i was already writing the pros & cons of the job..the cons was way longer than the pros! trust me, i couldn't find many reasons to stay with the job/company..

friday wasn't that great coz i woke up with a fever..but being dumb & all, i still went to work..went through the test - oral/interview style..hahaha, moi passed it with flying colours..everyone was congratulating me while i just smiled sheepishly & said thank u..i pretended to be excited about the promotion..i mean if other people, they would definitely jump up & down!!!

well, i only worked till 4pm coz i was really dizzy & my fever made me hot & sweaty..not the dirty version k, hahaha!!! ;p ..i took saturday & sunday off..yes, sunday was the day we had training for the new project..believe it k!!

honestly, that friday on the way home, i felt like a gigantic lorry just ran me over & realization hit me squarely on my forehead..i had already planned to tell my boss on monday morning that tuesday (14th oct) was my last day working & i would not come to work again on wednesday..

but that monday after i told my boss, something unbelievable happened..that's another story..plus why i quit the job ;p

No comments: