Monday, April 21, 2008

WaT tHe F*Ck ?!?!

okay so the job interview finally came thru at 330pm (14 april)..it was an informal interview held at Mc.D Senawang..wen the guy called i was at the car wash..luckily ctea tagged along, had her car washed as well..we were having drinks at the nearby restaurant watching our cars..i panicked wen the guy said 2 meet in 15minutes, coz my car was still being washed, lucky ctea's car was done, so we rushed off 2 Mc.D, it wasnt dat far..being in a panic state didnt help wen i realized i left my resume & certificates in my car, at the carwash!!! argghh!!! so not cool..but then the boss/owner who was 2 interview me hadnt arrived yet, so i was safe, hehehe..grateful ctea was there 2 help me get them..

anyway, wen the boss & his assistant arrived, the interview started..it was ok..i was nervous coz i dont have any working experiences, only did internship (3months)..not really related coz i was an intern for a company dat specialize in road/highway construction while dis company was into building construction..wat i didnt really get was these guys were really trying sooo hard 2 convince me dat work at site is tough, duhhh!!! dont i know dat??? they even said dat i'll surely be cursed with bad words & dat i have 2 be under the sun most of the times, site work is really pressuring..i was like "yes, i know & i can accept dat"..come on, wen i was a student i already knew dat being a civil engineer is no girly-girly career in the office..the guys juz kept giving me negative issues..another one dat pissed me off was telling me dat i'll never survive under the blazing sun & i'll turn black, & dat there's no way i'll be a fair skin lady anymore...i mean wat's their prob??? they were really judging me..even said i didnt dress like an engineer!!! of corz i was dressed properly 4 an interview, they expected me 2 wear safety boots, jeans & t-shirt! helloooo?!? i didnt even know the interview was informal & held at Mc.D!!!

it was one hell of a long interview k..3 damn long hours!!! me & ctea hadnt eaten yet, plus her little bro was at home waiting 4 his lunch (we were supposed 2 buy him take-away food)..dis boss was telling me dat i was the only candidate 4 the job..plus he said i got the job, it's mine!!! but didnt know why he had 2 mention dat he wanted a female engineer instead of a male..anyway, i didnt accept it on the spot, i asked for 2days before i gave my answer..yeah, some may say i'm crazy but i got my reasons..1st was i dont know anything much about dat company, only knew the name of the company the morning of the interview, plus the boss said they dont really have an office (juz bought one & they prefer 2 be on site or on the go), plus it was kinda weird 2 have the interview at Mc.D..another thing was i wasnt dat confidant wit the boss, i needed 2nd opinions & ctea's dad 2 help ask around about dis boss & his company, plus my resume was given back, the boss juz looked thru it ..so dat's the reasons! one thing dat really made me angry was the boss judged me by my dressing & looks..can u believe he said dat i looked like the type dat should be working in the 'glamour' field like in IT/Business/Secretary etc, juz sitting in the office wearing feminine chic outfits..& i dress like someone who's going out, all nice & glam!!!! excuse me, it was a formal attire, which is a must 4 a job interview!!! he was basically not confident i could work in the engineering field, especially construction site!!! man, cant he juz give me a little trust or a teeny bit of confidence in me?!? of corz i'll be wearing jeans/t-shirt/safety boots wen i'm on site! u think i'm dat shallow minded or dumb??? ohhh puhleez! i'm not a dumb bimbo k!!! geez, he really made me fume! did he think i would be wearing a short dress & stiletto heels 2 work at a construction site?!?!?

so dat wednesday morning, i called the boss & said i accept his offer..his reply? "ohhh, ermmm, it's not a confirm thing yet, is dis ur num? i'll call u back"!!!! WAT THE F*CK was dat?!? wen i was interviewed he said he really wanted me 2 work 4 him, & the final decision was mine, i even asked him again if i got the job (juz 2 confirm) before i left dat day..so now he was having 2nd thots or dat all of a sudden he decided dat he didnt need me..confusing ok!!! luckily ctea was with me during the whole interview, ctea was surprised too, she heard everything & was also sure the boss was serious about employing me as an engineer..it juz doesnt make sense..btw, he hasn't called back till 2day..like i said 'watever'! 4 me, it's like the saying goes 'bukan rezeki aku'..cant blame me 4 not trying, i stayed up all nite 2 prepare my resume/certs, was willing 2 drive all the way 2 Senawang, did my best & convinced them i wont juz run away from work pressure (the boss had 1 incident wen his employee juz disappeared, hahaha!)..so, it's juz another experience dat has a few hidden lessons ;)

but honestly, i wasnt dat eager 2 work 4 dat boss..like i said earlier in my last post, i was recommended by someone 2 dis company, & they were the ones sooo eager 2 set an interview the next day (monday) wen i agreed 2 give it a try (i called the guy late sunday afternoon)! come on, would any company be dat desperate 2 call u back on a sunday evening & confirm dat u got an interview (all was done within 2hours!!!)???

sooo, the conclusion of dis story is 'WATEVER'..i'm not being sarcastic or wat, i wont deny i'm a bit disappointed (i want 2 work, they said i could start 28april, which is juz nice as i had planned), so i thot dis was my starting point, even tho they didnt offer me much pay (which was quite ok since i really wanted the experience!)..dis is something dat juz makes me more tougher..hahahaha!!! i already applied 2 a few companies, so juz waiting..at least dis time i'm the one who is searching eagerly, not given on a silver platter..i'm juz wishing 4 the best =)

p/s: dis is going 2 be 1 hell of a tough journey, getting a job as a civil engineer!!! i guess not all employers R gonna be confident employing a hot tall pretty chic to do a man's job! hahaha! cheekychika is up 4 a challenge, willing 2 take the risk & be tougher than she looks! ;p

No comments: