Monday, February 11, 2008

My So-CaLLeD 'LoNg WeeK Of ACtiViTiEs'

now dis is 1 of my most enjoyable week (last week of course)..all fun & relaxation was the agenda..no doubt about dat..monday; i started the day late in the afternoon, hehehe..nothing managed 2 get me out of bed b4 dat..taking my time savouring the pleasure of not thinking & worrying about asgnments & thesis, had my cuppa coffee, checked my email & showered, getting ready 2 surf thru One Utama!! hahaha, yes it was 1 of those shopping spree day, or should i say retail therapy :) .. & of course my partner in crime was ms.ctea..i was excited & full of energy ;p ..juz couldnt wait 2 get those nice things, hehehe!!! we arrived late dat evening, so every step was turbo-charged, in 2hours we managed 2 get some of the stuffs on my "wish list"..in the end, i was satisfied & bursting wit joy &happiness,hahahaha!!! :p (imagine me wit a glowing face, laughing & jumping up&down, huhuhu) but i didnt juz shop 4 me, i remembered my little god-daughter, baby Alya Nursafwa..cute little angel, havent seen her yet juz her pics..i got her these cute little pink booties & a baby doll shirt (which she'll only be able 2 wear wen she's 2yrs old, hehehe), i juz couldnt resist dat adorable shirt.. :) ..i'm still trying 2 figure out wen will i give her the presents??? hmmm, gotta set a date soon or baby alya wont be able 2 wear her cute pink booties ;p

then wen we were done, & the shops were all closed, we headed 2 hartamas square 4 dinner, my stomach was already singing 4 food, all the rushing & excitement made me a hungry girl..we went 2gthr wit ayie & his friend (who was also @ OU), faiz met us there later on, of course..after me & ayie persuaded him wit every possible way, it wasnt easy, we even made a pact 2 send an identical sms 2 faiz..the only difference was the last sentence..which i sent him "...ayie is about 2 cry", while ayie sent "...ras is about 2 cry"..hehehe! well i guess we both were great persuaders :) ..it was fun, annoying each other & bitching about others & juz chatting away any topic dat juz rolled out from our tongues while smoking away the shisha..consider it my usual ritual or acivities while hanging out..maybe next time i'll bring a board game (perhaps monopoly or something fun)..but will we be able 2 play??? i'm sure i'll be distracting them wit my talking & laughing, huhuhu :) but most of my friends are quite talkative too, all fighting 2 have their voice heard!!! the funny thing is dat wen it comes 2 singing, no one wants 2 be heard, hahaha ;p

the next day (tuesday) was my alone-time at home..the precious time 2 recuperate after a long day yesterday..juz lazing around, watching movies online & thinking about my family,since wednesday was the eve of chinese new year..another year away from my parents 4 chinese new year..since moving 2 KL in 1998, i've never returned 2 sabah 4 this festive season..actually i miss those traditional family dinner..it has alwez been fun, being able 2 gather with my uncles, aunties, cousins, nephews & nieces (mum's side of the family)..but i guess i'm not dat unlucky since i got cma here wit me 2 celebrate..only cna is far away..sumtimes i wonder how she felt missing out family get-2gethers, especially during hari raya puasa..???..if i was her, i'd be totally sad :( ...i mean no matter wat, family is 4ever :) especially wen a celebration is in order..

well, chinese new year eve 4 me was having dinner wit cma @ penang village restaurant in alamanda..juz the 2 of us..but it was great, the food was delicious mixed wit the chitchatting (except dat there was no shisha involved, hehehe), we had the lemon-orange chicken, buttered prawns, seafood soup & mixed veggies wit lotus, & mixed fruit juice..the best part was i topped it off wit a 'teh-tarik', hahahaha ;p ..being a typical malaysian..honestly, i would have preferred the 'mamak teh-tarik'..fuuuh!! now dat's wat i call original..but then again, we werent at a mamak stall, hahahaha! so dats the celebration i had 4 this year's chinese new year..hopefully, next year it'll be a complete family dinner wit all 5 of us :)

thursday; i had planned 2 stay at home & catch-up wit cma, got a lot of stories 2 tell..plus i was quite tired & the fact dat my roadtax had expired..so, there i was, not thinking about going out & bla bla bla relevant 2 dat, i got sms & calls asking 4 plans & asking me 2 hang-out..berd was all set 4 a reunion wit 1 of our long lost pal, who i havent seen/talk or communicate in any form 4 the last 5 yrs (plus-minus)..emi'binx was bored & wanted 2 have a happening chill-out session ;p ..i was tempted but also undecided of my own plans..the 1 thing dat got me out of the house was berd's offer 2 pick me up at home..even tho i wasnt sure about it since i do live quite far from subang, but then again, it was an offer dat rarely comes by, hehehe ;p ..honestly, it was a sweet thing (thnx berd, really appreciate it)..so there we were, me & my 5 bodyguards (berd, raja, faiz, emi'binx & his friend named faiz) ~~ i was really confused wen talking 2 these double 'faiz', couldnt think of a new nickname 2 call them, but it doesnt really matter tho ~~ anyway i was feeling lucky baby surrounded by a group of 'not-dat-bad-looking' guys, hahaha ;) ..chilling at the Laundry Bar listening 2 the live band & talking about almost every possible topic dat came by..later we continued our activity at hartamas 4 a late supper, there was so much chatting dat we had a hard time calling it quits..finally in the wee hours of dawn we broke things off & headed home..all exhausted from sitting too long & talking & laughing..one thing dat i thot was a great story was the experiences my old pal had while working offshore..it was interesting 2 know dat some things were never wat i had expected if u worked offshores..amazing! all i can say is dat i dont think i wanna work offshore, it sounds physically tough 2 me..no matter how tough i may look or act but i know i wont be able 2 go thru it..hearing & imagining my friend's experience is enuff 4 me..i'm sure it's a man only job!!! any women working offshore as an engineer has my respect 100%..they're the ones who prove dat women are as tough as men, no double standard, i think! hehehehe! :)

after all the outings, i've got no more energy 2 go out & socialize..i know it's juz sitting & talking, no extreme physical strength used, but it's all the same 4 me..seriously, talking most of the time is very tiring..i juz wanted 2 stay at home & indulged the quietness & me-alone time..so, dats wat i've been doing..it's a must! & the fact dat i totally ignored my asgnments & thesis..havent even touched it, let alone look at it, even tho there's this little voice in the back of my head whispering 2 me 2 get it done! i guess the devil of "laziness & fun" was really in control..hahahaha!!! no matter wat, i never regret any enjoyment i had..it was my way of relaxation..another sort of spa..no massages & aromatherapy needed, hehehe! ;p ..so, cheers! starting my day at 8am 2day..not dat fun.. :(

No comments: