Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Smart or Stupid?!

monday started out fine, attended my 1st class 4 dis sem..but then ltr it made me turn in2 a red monster of anger & hatred..it's all bcoz of dis 'accredited course (LAN)' thngy 4 my bachelor of civil engineering course, my college doesn't hv it yet so it's real important 4 them..a few ppl from dat LAN will interview a bunch of us..well, my college picked me 2 b 1 of the interviewees..we were picked according 2 our academic level; top, medium, low, then put in2 a group, so there's 3 students in a group..it was ok, i mean there's nothng 2 it until they gave out the list..it blew me!!! bside our name was our level & cgpa result!!! the LEVEL STATUS was a humiliation..i was labeled LOW!!! i almost yelled at the lecturer, who's also the head of engineering school..the list was given 2 all students in the bachelor course..my cgpa is 2.724, & dat's considered LOW???!!! so wat r they calling the students whose cgpa is below mine, like 2.500 or lower? is it 'STUPID' or 'DUMB'?

wat hurt the most was being compared openly, being judged on a piece of paper! if they wanna judge me 4 my character or attitude, i'm capable of handling dat, but 2 insult my intelligence?? who the F*CK r they? so juz bcoz they're my lecturers they consider themselves smart-ass? hey come on, their IQ could b par wit mine, or a little higher but not high enuff 2 b a member of 'MENSA'..duhhh! i go 2 college 2 gain more knowledge & 2 get a degree..they as lecturers should b more smarter in the 'feeling' department! i mean, u don't juz teach students about theories & calculations but also respect! students r not robots, don't know everythng..the whole point of going 2 school is 2 learn, not 2 b labeled as 'smart' or 'stupid'..

they had no right 2 make dat kind of list..if it juz had our name & cgpa would b fine 4 me..but putting an academic status was TOTALLY WRONG! in all ways & sense..it ripped my self-esteem & confidence, smeared my pride & dignity!!!..all of a sudden i felt ashamed of my brain capabilities..i'm not the only 1..there's 1 group 4 every batch (1st yr, 2nd yr, 3rd yr, 4th yr & recent grads)..so the other students wit the low status would b feeling the same as me..i'm still telling myself dat i'm not stupid or dumb..all i wanna do 2morow is give a nice hard angry yell-out 2 the lecturers who r responsible 4 deciding, making, typing & printing plus approving dat formatted list..

seriously, i'm going 2 express my anger!! coz i cant keep it in me anymore..telling my sis, ctea & other friends is not enuff..& i know damn well i hv dat right 2 voice my displeasure! i want them 2 know how it feels & how it had effected MY PRIDE & DIGNITY!!! if only they were in my shoes but i'm gonna make them imagine dat..i may b hard-headed but i'm not witout a heart..


i'm not gonna go 4 dat interview..if they force me then i'll juz tell the interviewers bad thngs about my college, saying dat lecturers aren't gud enuff, not enuff facilities, etc..who the hell will want 2 say gud thngs wen u're hurt, angry & was put down the way i was?! if they wanted me or any other students 2 do the interview, juz ask don't categorize us by our academic abilities & publicly state it in 'black & white', i surely would've been glad 2 do it, 2 make sure my course & college will b recognized by the government & private sectors in the civil engineering field..BUT 2 hell i'm gonna go thru it! btw, KLIUC is the college i'm attending now! (formerly known as IKRAM COLLEGE)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

rilex babe